Our Metro on Crown apartments are in the heart of it all, literally. No matter what amenities you seek, our New Haven apartments put you steps away from your desired destination. The following are just a highlight of the many Connecticut amenities you will find surrounding our Metro on Crown apartments:
Whether you want to grab a cup of coffee, get a gourmet burger, or sip some wine with your meal, you will find it all right outside your front door:
- Geronimo Tequila Bar and Southwest Grill – Besides having the largest selection of tequila on this coast, Geronimo specializes in serving Southwestern fare with a low-lit atmosphere.
- Harvest Wine Bar – This upscale bistro offers custom cuisine that is effortlessly paired with your favorite glass of wine.
- Starbucks – You know it, and you love it, and now you can frequent it any time you want.
- BAR – This renowned restaurant and bar is one of the hotspots near our Metro on Crown apartments, and it’s a great place to go to hang out, listen to live music and support local artists.
- Louis’ Lunch – This small lunch spot believes they invented the hamburger!
- Shake Shack – When you crave fast food but you want it to be gourmet, Shake Shack is your place.
- Prime 16 – For gourmet burgers and local brews, check out this local favorite with an intimate vibe.
- Book Trader Café – Stop by this bookstore to get both a good read and a delicious snack.
- Soul de Cuba Café – Serving up traditional Cuban cuisine in an entertaining atmosphere, the Soul de Cuba Café is an excellent place for a unique dining experience.
- Istanbul Café – As the only Turkish restaurant in New Haven, the Istanbul Café serves delectable food, including Turkish kebabs and rice pudding. They also feature belly dancers on the weekends for a truly authentic experience.
For the Staples
From fresh produce to your toiletries, here are the stores you need to know about to stock up on your staples:
- Elm City Market – Located in downtown New Haven, Elm City Market has all of your necessities, and some splurges you never knew you needed.
- Walgreens – With all of your toiletries and some standard snacks, Walgreens is a great drugstore to place on your to-do list.
- CitySeed Farmer’s Markets – For straight-from-the-farm produce, the CitySeed farmer’s markets bring you offerings from 50 Connecticut vendors in multiple places throughout the city. While most locations shut down for the winter, there is an Indoor Winter Market on Saturdays in January through March at the Metropolitan Business Academy.
- Ferraro’s Market – Located on Grand Avenue, Ferraro’s has been a New Haven staple for over 60 years, offering a vast selection of groceries at reasonable prices.
From nightclubs to museums to theaters, we have it all:
- Shubert Theater – The Shubert Theater is a landmark of New Haven, offering all of the latest Broadway shows and national musical acts.
- Yale University Art Gallery – New Haven has a lot of museums for your viewing pleasure, one of which is this one, featuring stunning worldwide masterpieces spanning many centuries.
- College Street Music Hall – Located in the heart of downtown New Haven, this live music venue can accommodate up to 2000 people.
- Firehouse 12 – A recording studio, concert venue, and bar all in one, Firehouse 12 is an excellent option for impromptu music sessions from local artists.
- Toad’s Place – With famous performers, including Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, and Billy Joel, Toad’s Place is the concert venue and nightclub to frequent for an incredible evening.
Whether you are in need of a new outfit or you simply crave some retail therapy, there is no shortage of shopping options near our New Haven apartments:
- The Shops at Yale – Spanning several blocks, the Shops at Yale feature both local boutiques and national retailers, including Urban Outfitters, Apple, and J. Crew.
- Ten Thousand Villages – This stylish boutique offers global housewares to spruce up your apartment.
- L’Occitane en Provence – This famous beauty brand from France sells some of the finest skincare, hair, and bath products in town.
- Therapy – Full of high fashion styles, yet at a surprisingly affordable price, this shop is a must see.
- Denali New Haven – For high-quality outdoor clothing, gear, and footwear, this is the shop to visit, featuring renowned brands such as The North Face and Merrell.
- Raggs – With a focus on contemporary styles, Raggs offers a full selection of fine menswear, womenswear, and accessories to showcase your modern style.
- Neville Wisdom – If you are in need of a custom piece, or you simply desire locally made, hand sewn apparel, the styles of Neville Wisdom will keep you looking fabulous. They offer traditional daywear, evening attire, and a bridal collection to complete your wardrobe.
- EBM Vintage – The English Building Markets (EBM) sells all things vintage in their 4,000 square foot showroom, including everything from housewares and furniture to collectible photographs and vintage clothing.